Monday, November 18, 2013

In which the blogger discusses winter...

Winter officially started a while ago. I think. But where I am, the weather is extremely bipolar. We'll have half a foot of snow on the ground one day, and nothing there the next. The only thing that remains is the coldness. So I consider it winter. For most people in my town, winter is skiing season. For me, it's gaming season.
I do active stuff in the summer, but in the winter, I really get my game on. Literally. For starters, I hate the cold, and I hate the snow, so I have every reason to stay inside anyway. Secondly, it's the holiday season. That means I get money. Typically, I won't ask for anything for christmas, which is the winter holiday I celebrate. I just get the money that would be spent on whatever I ask for. And then I spend that money on video games. Simple. The other big factor is the Steam holiday sale. I am a PC gamer, so I use Steam. It's basically a program that lets you download games instead of going to the store and buying the disc. Every summer and in December they have huge sales, so I can buy about ten times more games than I normally would be able to. It's pretty awesome.

Winter is the holiday season for most people, at least in the U.S. There's Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza. Those are the major holidays, anyway. That I know of. I'm sure you, the readers, can think of a lot more. Anyway, the biggest winter holiday in my life is christmas. My version of christmas is the commercialized version, not the 'Happy Birthday Jesus' version. So I'm already concerning myself with buying gifts and whatnot. I've always gotten gifts for my family, but this year I have more people to get things for. Well, one person anyway, that person being my girlfriend, who is awesome and wants socks. Socks aren't very expensive. They're socks.

So, my expectation for this winter is about the same as it was last year, except this time around I'll be buying an extra few pairs of socks. Oh, and this year I've found myself filled with the insatiable urge to sing christmas songs whenever I enter an environment with snow in it, much to the annoyance of everyone around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment