Friday, January 24, 2014

In which the blogger discusses anticipation....

Well, this is the month. The month that I will receive my first Loot Crate. Hopefully. I've been waiting on it for four days, and I'm kind of freaking out.
This image came from here.
For those of you who don't know, Lott Crate is a monthly subscription service where you pay $13.37 (which most gamers recognize as a bastardization of LEET, which is a bastardization elite, which is a title that people who are good at video games give themselves.) a month and receive a box filled with epic loot.

I've been interested in Loot Crate for a long time, and I just decided to subscribe to it after I got enough monetary wealth to actually be able to afford a couple months of it. The January crate shipped out on the twentieth, and it was said to take 2-5 days to arrive. It is now day four, and I am losing my mind. Every day I come home, and the first thing I do is check to see if my Loot Crate has arrived. Every day I am met with disappointment. It is quite possibly the most blatantly first-world problem I've come across in a long time, but the thought of missing out on the awesomeness of an item that I payed good money for is freaking me out. So, I wait, hoping endlessly for my crate to come.

Each month's crate has a theme, given a one word title. I've made sure to avoid learning what's in the box from all the people I know who are also subscribers. I do know this month's theme though. It's title is 'Launch', and just from that I can determine that I am going to love this crate. I'm assuming that launch is referring to the launching of a rocket, which means the crate is likely to be space themed, which means there may be something Star Wars related inside. And I love Star Wars with a burning passion. Which has only increased my anticipation for the arrival of the crate. If it is Star Wars themed, I will like nerdgasm for an hour, which is something I typically try to avoid doing. But, it might just happen.

So, in a nutshell, my week has consisted of waiting for my Loot Crate to arrive, dealing with mass amounts of stress, and working on ideas for a super-special project that may or may not be coming soon to this very blog. If my crate arrives, I will do an unboxing post and show you what epic loot came this month. If the crate doesn't arrive, I will do a post on depression and first world problems.

Click here to subscribe to Loot crate and get in on the awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment