Friday, February 28, 2014

In which the blogger discusses procrastination...

Common Misconception: Procrastinate is when you put off work and don't turn it in or do it at all.
The Truth: Prosrastination is when you put something off, then, in a blaze of glory that will leave you exhausted and broken, you get all the work that you should have done a long time ago done in three hours. I recently experienced that. I feel about like this...


So, you may be wondering, what exactly is this 'beast?' This particular beast was three things.

1) And essay for my English class that I didn't start work on until two days before it was due.
2) An entire unit of science that needed to be done in an hour and a half.
3) This blog post.

For those who don't know, I have weekly blog assignments, which involve writing a post on the blog. So there's that.

As for the other two, I'll go to the science first. Doing entire units in a matter of hours is nothing new to me, I've been doing it since I started taking the class online. This was the second easiest part of the entire thing.

Now for the really great part. The essay. It was on two things. The Odyssey, which I've been reading in class, and Monkey Bridge which is a book I picked off a list provided by my teacher. We were given weeks to read the book. If we read like 20 pages a day from the day we got it, we would be fine. I didn't do that. I read the whole thing on the Sunday of the week it was due. Cause I'm a damn genius. Also, I started writing the actual essay part the day before it was due. I got two paragraphs done. I did the rest the day it was due. Cause I'm a damn genius.

1 comment:

  1. And now Mr. Parker knows all... Cause you're a d___ genius.

    ReplyDelete