Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Tens: Movies

Feeeeeelms. FEEEEEEEEEEEEELMS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


10: Monty Python and The Holy Grail
Image Source
This is pretty much my favorite comedy movie. If you haven't seen it, you seriously need to. Though, to be frank, it is not for people who have a 'mature' sense of humor.

9: The Silence of the Lambs
Image Source
I like to watch this movie with some fava beans and a glass of chianti.

8: The Dark Knight
Image Source
I love the Joker. And the Joker in this movie is super awesome. Just... so awesome.

7: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Image Source
The best entry in the Terminator franchise, T2 is one of the only films that is better than the original. It went into territory that no other movie with robots had ventured into before. And it is the reason I get emotional every time I see a thumbs up.

6: Psycho
Look at that racy-ass poster! (Image Source)
Psycho is my favorite psycho(hehe)logical horror movie. I was very much on the fence about putting this above Silence of the Lambs, and what eventually sealed the deal was the fact that I was scared to take a shower for like two weeks after watching this. Silence of the Lambs just didn't have that effect on me.

5: Fight Club
Image Source
The first rule of Fight Club is to not talk about Fight Club. So I'm not going to.

4: Pulp Fiction
Image Source
Ah, Pulp Fiction. The Quentin Tarantino classic about hitmen, drugs, shooting Marvin in the face, and the word "fuck." If you object to movies with adult content you'd better call in the Wolf to clean this film up before you watch it.

I'm going to do the top three a bit differently. Instead of individual movies, I'm going to do the entire series, because with all of them they are all one story.

3: The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
Image Source
I have to say, I have never been particularly impressed with these movies. They are fantastic, but there's just always been something that wasn't quite right about them in my mind.

2: Star Wars Episode IV, V, & VI
Image Source
C'mon. It's Star Wars. The only reason it's not number one is because it is matched in awesomeness by one other series that I simpy prefer. The original Star Wars movies are brilliant, and have spawned more spinoffs, prequels, books, TV shows, video games, comics, and just media in general than I think any other franchise in history. Before George Lucas turned into the (I apologize in advance for this) nutsack  waffle that he is now, he managed to create one of the world's great masterpieces.

Number One

Back To The Future Trilogy



These are the best movies of all time, at least in my opinion. The BTTF movies are some of the most quoted movies of all time. It brought into existence one of the most iconic time machines ever. The time travel elements of it actually MADE SENSE. Also it is responsible for Nike deciding to create shoes with laces that tie automatically(hallelujah)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment