Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top Tens: Video Games [Part 2]

Yay, the second part to the top 18 video games of all tiiiiiiiiiiiime(click here for part 1).

Awkward-ass smile.
8: Space Quest IV
Image Source
Sierra makes awesome games. And this is their masterpiece.

7: Fallout: New Vegas
Image Source
The only other FPS that I actually like is Fallout: New Vegas. This game is fantastic, and though some would argue that Fallout 3 is better, I just like this game a lot more.

6: FEZ
Image Source
I played this game literally two days before writing this list. It is that good. This game changes everything. EVERYTHING! It is the second-best platformer than has ever existed, or ever will exist. Probably. IT'S GOMEZ TIME!

5: Cthulhu Saves the World
Image Source
Cthulhu Saves the World is the best RPG I've ever played. It is funny, creative, and despite its generic combat system, it is a good game. And it's suuuuuuper faaaaaaahking cheeeeeeeeeeap.


4: Pokemon SoulSilver 
Image Source
I love the entire Pokemon franchise. Diamond was the first one I ever played, but SoulSilver will always be my favorite. It just had so much awesome stuff and I still play it all the time, even though two new generations of Pokemon games have been released.

3: Half-Life 2
Image Source
Half Life 2 is the only first person shooter than I really, really like. Its design, fused with its fantastic storytelling and characters, makes it one of my favorite games, and I do consider it to be one of the best games ever made. Ever.

2: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Image Source
The Legend of Zelda is the best long-running video game franchise in existence, it would have been impossible for me to not put more than one LoZ game on this top 20 list. Ocarina of Time is truly a gaming masterpiece, and I view it as a perfect fusion of brilliant storytelling and technological advancement(for its time).

1: Doukutsu Monogatari/Cave Story
Image Source
I have raved about this game before. And I will rave about it again. Doukutsu Monogatari is not a game, it is a work of modern art. It is brilliant beyond words, and no matter how amazing a game is, in my mind, no game will ever compare to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment