Friday, April 11, 2014

Silence.

So, today was the Day of Silence, a day to raise awareness for the LGBT community. It involves people not talking. I don't really understand it, but I did take part in it. I managed to only accidentally say five words throughout the day, an astounding feat for someone like myself. But this whole thing got me thinking about the entire LGBT situation, especially where I live. In the city I live in, most people are pretty accepting of the LGBT community. Especially at the high school. There is a GSA(Gay-Straight Alliance) club at the high school, and lots of the staff are very supportive. The principal actually shook a congressman's hand while wearing a rainbow armband. At least, I think it was a congressman. Speaking of rainbow armbands, It's impossible to walk into the high school without seeing someone wearing one, reinforcing just how much people care about this kind of thing.

I've been pansexual for as long as I can remember. For me, if it's human, I can find it attractive. Early on in life, I was completely unaware of the inequality that LGBT people face, and when I found out about it, I wasn't happy. Since that point, I have done what I can to help the cause. Given my laziness, that hasn't been as much as I would like. But I do things like the Day of Silence, and... the Day of Silence. Don't get all up in my grill because I'm too lazy to take a lot of action. You want me to do something? Fine. I'll do a thing.
Note: I was going to give Samus(the pink one) rainbow armor, but it just didn't work, given her normal color palette.
There. I made propaganda using old NES characters. Use that all over the place. I don't own any of that stuff. Thanks for not suing me Nintendo.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on LGBT rights. I feel that gay marriage should be legal everywhere, and that oppression against the LGBT community is a really goddamn stupid thing. For more information on the Day of Silence, visit the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment